Monday 18 May 2020

College Video First Cut Evaluation



I will be evaluating the first cut of my promotional video for college. I will be talking about what I have done well, what I need to improve on and the audiences response to the promotional video.

Content/mise en scene
In my video, I show off a lot of the college such as: main reception, cafeteria and many other locations around the college. I done this as I did not want to show what one course offers for new students, but instead show what the college offers as a whole. The response from the audience for this was overall good, however to make it that little better I need to slow some of the shots down as some of the cuts are too quick.

Camerawork
The camerawork overall was okay, there is some shots that I need to work on, as some shots in the cafeteria were quite shaky and I had to fix this when editing. There are also some really good shots, for example the two students sitting on the computers in the classroom and the camera is moving to the side.

Editing and use of post-production effects.
In my opinion, I found editing the hardest, as most of time I didn't know what I was doing. Editing is a skill that I definitely need to work on. some of the cuts are too quick and need to be slowed down and also some of the camera shots are either too dark or too bright, so this is something that needs to be fixed when editing the video.

Sound
I used a pretty basic instrumental for the video as it didn't really matter too much. There are also some voice overs during the video, however they are something that I need to fix, as the audience liked the instrumental but told me that I need to work on the voice overs.

Graphics
I did not use graphics in my promotional video, so this is something I could consider when editing the video again or for another project. Some audience members suggested graphics, so having a graphic at the start and also end credits could make the promotional video a lot better. 


1 comment:

  1. Oscar this is a start but needs more specific analysis of individual shots/sequences using appropriate technical terminology.

    ReplyDelete